If you spend long hours working from home at your desk, it's worth making the investment in a piece of furniture that is sturdy enough to be used on a very regular basis over a period of many, many years. You will also of course want something that looks great in your home office or study.
This large mahogany desk fits the bill both in terms of quality and appearance. It's a highly crafted piece that is designed to make working from home a more comfortable and enjoyable experience.
The design highlights start with a space-efficient pullout keyboard drawer, providing an additional 27 cm of work space as and when required. What's more, the desk top itself has been inlaid with green Oscar, for durability and a stylish leather look.
Moving downwards, the left-hand pedestal has two large drawers. The top one is a generous area where you can store all sorts of stationery or perhaps even place your laptop in at the end of the working day. Meanwhile, the bottom drawer is fitted with rails that can accommodate foolscap suspension files.
The right-hand pedestal has one small drawer at the top and then a large cupboard, which is designed for devices such as a computer tower unit or a printer / scanner. It also has pre-drilled holes at the back, for convenient and discrete channeling of all cables.
A final small touch, which typifies the attention to detail throughout, is the fact that nylon pads are fitted to the feet of the desk, to help protect the flooring of the room that you choose to place it within.
As this desk is relatively large, it is supplied in three sections, to enable easy home access.
Alternatively, perhaps you're looking for another size of desk? If so, a smaller version and also a hideaway workstation are available within the Laddingford range.
• Handcrafted from solid mahogany
• High quality craftsmanship throughout
• Dovetailed joint drawers, for extra strength
• Antiqued brass bow and tear drop handles
• Hand-carved fluted sides and decorative back panelling
• Nylon feet, to protect carpets and other flooring surfaces
• Environmentally friendly – wood sourced from sustainable, managed plantations
• Finished with a premium, medium-gloss lacquer, helping to protect from scratches whilst also enhancing the natural beauty of the wood